Friday 2 March 2012

The most awesomest thought of all.

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory
and He is here

Just one thought today: The absolute enormity of the sacrifice of Jesus. He bore the reaction of God's anger to all of my sin (and the rest of the world's) on Himself, to save me (and everyone else).

How can I not thank Him for what He has done, I could never provide enough of a suitable offering to God for atonement of my sin, but Jesus did, so I don't have to.

I only receive forgiveness as a gift, not ever earned. The most awesome gift ever in the whole wide world.

Some cannot fathom the cross, say it is foolishness, for others it is offensive, for others it is life changing. For it to be life changing we have to ask God. He is there waiting for everyone, eagerly expecting and wanting the question to be asked, He will never force down the door. The handle is on our side, not His, we are the ones who have to make the first move. This is the gift of free will.

No comments:

Post a Comment