Saturday 24 March 2012

Delight in the Lord

Psalm 37:1-9
Do not fret because of those who are evil
or be envious of those who do wrong;
for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.

Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.

Be still before the LORD
and wait patiently for him.

Take delight in the Lord, and commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him. Since starting this daily quiet time, and actually spending more than 5 minutes reading a passage and going: 'Oh that's nice, right lets get on with the day,' I've found God in more things throughout the day, I'm closer to Him than I have been in a good while, and it feels amazing.

I was on a training bike ride 2 days ago after finishing a night shift, and it had been raining all night, but the sun was starting to poke through ready for the day, the clouds were still quite low on the hills, giving a misty feel about the valley. It was BEAUTIFUL. Cycling along I was suddenly overwhelmed by the beauty and generosity of God. I took delight in His beauty and His creation, and praised Him. I pray that I can find this daily through the things I do on a daily basis.

We need to renew our strength in the Lord each day, to quiet down before God, and be prayerful before Him, wait patiently before Him (verse 7). This is the source of our 'righteous reward' that will 'shine like the dawn' (verse 6).

Well I mentioned a training bike ride, it's today I've been training for. I'm riding the first leg of the annual Grape Ride in a team of 3 that will complete a 101Km route around the Blenheim area. I go from Renwick to Picton which is 40Km. It sounds rather windy out there this morning!

I pray for calm weather, please Lord make the wind calm, just a you did on the Sea when the Disciples got frightened in the storm. Mostly I pray for safety, there are a large number of cyclists (2500!) and we're on state highway routes that are still open to general traffic. Lord keep us all safe, and let it be FUN =) Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment