Monday 26 March 2012

TRUST Me

Psalm 37:4-7
Keep company with God,
get in on the best.
Open up before God, keep nothing back;
he'll do whatever needs to be done:
He'll validate your life in the clear light of day
and stamp you with approval at high noon.
Quiet down before God,
be prayerful before him.

Over the past few days since I first read this passage I keep coming back to it. God is urging me to trust Him, it's sometimes rather difficult though! There was even word at church last night that was something about trust, and waiting for God, He will deliver. I put the NIV passage on here the other day, but this time I looked at the Message version (see above), since it's nice simple straightforward language that sometimes brings new light to the verses.

In this case 'take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart,' is worded as:

'Open up before God, keep nothing back; he'll do whatever needs to be done.'

Delighting in the Lord is not simply singing his praises once in a while. It's fully immersing yourself in Him: 'KEEP NOTHING BACK.'

God knows me intimately, knows what I'm thinking, and is urging me to talk it over with him, not holding it back, or pretending it's not there.

Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this
Be still before the LORD
and wait patiently for him

Please Lord God hear my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment