Wednesday 7 March 2012

Upside down?

Ever had something or someone that turns your life upside down?!

Psalm 30:10-12
‘You changed wild lament
into whirling dance;
You ripped off my black mourning band
and decked me with wildflowers.
I’m about to burst with song;
I can’t keep quiet about you.
God, my God,
I can’t thank you enough'

The Psalm's are awesome :-) I love music and I think we should all 'burst with song' constantly! I always have some tune or other in my head. The phrase bursting with song reminds me of kids who just HAVE to tell you something they found out, they jump up and down and yell to get your attention, and don't stop until they've said whatever they were bursting to tell you. God always says we should be like little kids!

God isn't just going to turn us around though, He's going to turn the world upside down. Mark 13:1-31 talks of pretty scary stuff, but it does assure us that we will recognise Jesus coming again. I used to think that I wouldn't be able to tell whether someone was a 'false prophet' but God assures us we will know it's Jesus coming, we won't miss it:

‘And then they’ll see the Son of Man enter in grand style, his Arrival filling the sky – no one will miss it! He’ll dispatch the angels; they will pull in the chosen from the four winds, from pole to pole’ (Mark 13:26-27).



'The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.' Bono

No comments:

Post a Comment