Sunday 25 March 2012

Awestruck Wonder

Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come
With all creation I sing
Praise to the King of Kings
You are my everything
And I will adore You

Clothed in rainbows, of living colour
Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder
Blessing and honor, strength and glory and power be
to You the only wise King

Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder
At the mention of your name

Jesus your name is power
Breath, and living water
Such a marvelous mystery

I was reminded of the line: 'Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder, at the mention of your name' in quiet time today. Quiet time today is entitled 'Awe and Amazement.'
Awe and amazement at: The choice of God, the ministry of Jesus, and the wonder of forgiveness.

Yesterday I mentioned how I was struck by the beauty of the Lord through his creation. How can we be anything but amazed and 'struck with awe' when it comes to anything God is or has done for us.

Awestruck: to be filled with/overcome by/filled with reverence and respect for/astonished by wonder.

Awe: A mixed emotion of reverence, respect, dread, and wonder inspired by authority, genius, great beauty, sublimity, or might.

Half an hour ago I was grumbling to God about something. To be perfectly honest, I was whining like a child! But, reading through the quiet time today, He has yet again spoken right when I needed it and about the right thing. He's saying: 'Hang on a minute, wait....THIS is what I'm about, THIS, above everything else, all else is second.' Be filled with the reverence and respect for, and be astonished at His works, great beauty, and might.

Remember yesterday? 'Take delight in the Lord, commit your way to the Lord, trust Him, be still, AND WAIT PATIENTLY.'

How quickly I forget, it was only yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment