Tuesday 13 March 2012

Do not worry

I love it that the Bible has 365 different passages/sentences saying: 'Do not worry.' One for each day of the year :-)

We cannot know what the future holds for us, God makes that plain. But that's not to mean we shouldn't plan. Plan things always looking to God's word, if it's the right thing you will know somehow. Doors will open or shut.

I got a tad freaked out yesterday hearing various comments from friends at work about their plans for training jobs in their specialities and other house surgeons that they know. I'm now coming up to the last 6 months of my 4th year post grad (August), and still am not in a specialty training programme. Friends back in the UK are half way through registrar posts.

But I should take reassurance not from the worldly things that are happening but what God is saying.


Psalm 33
1 Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous;
it is fitting for the upright to praise him.
2 Praise the LORD with the harp;
make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre.
3 Sing to him a new song;
play skillfully, and shout for joy.
4 For the word of the LORD is right and true;
he is faithful in all he does.

5 The LORD loves righteousness and justice;
the earth is full of his unfailing love...
... 10 The LORD foils the plans of the nations;
he thwarts the purposes of the peoples.
11 But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever,
the purposes of his heart through all generations.


God had clearly planned for me to go to Africa and the tropical medicine school last year, He also clearly planned NZ for me. He is not satisfied that I would settle for a nice comfy job in the NHS in the UK, He wants more for me, awesome, good things for me. I have a God who does not 'settle' for good things. When He made man it wasn't just good, it was very good.

I believe God has said my path for now is training as an orthopaedic surgeon in NZ, I should learn and pray to be confident about this and know that He will lay the way ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment