Wednesday 21 March 2012

God's Goodness

‘Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.’ John Wesley.

‘In all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose’ (Romans 8:28).

‘I’ll tell the world how great and good you are, I’ll shout Hallelujah all day, every day’ (Psalm 35:28).

God is good, all of the time. That is His nature. We shouldn't think of God's goodness in relation to our circumstances, but in spite of them. By His nature god CANNOT be bad, therefore He is good. We should enjoy His goodness.

Luke 3:22, You are my Son, whom I love. With you I am well pleased.
We should enjoy being a child of God, experiencing His love, and expecting His pleasure, He is pleased with us and is pleased to give us the Kingdom as we seek it (12:32). Sometimes we forget how good God is to us and we grumble like the Israelites in the desert did. He had amazingly saved them from Egypt with miracles no one could deny and days later they are grumbling from lack of hearing from Him, lack of food, and being lost. When I read this in the Bible I always think that they were pretty dumb (I think that about the disciples too!) I think, can't you see, how can you not get it?! But fortunately we have the benefit of hindsight, it's easier!

In saying that, how often do we forget God's goodness? Almost certainly it is daily, either in the big or little things.

Thank you God for your Goodness, please let me remember your goodness all the time, and not grumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment