Wednesday 29 February 2012

Just what I needed!

I saw this on someone's FB update yesterday:

Keep your head up, keep the faith... you are doing better than you think - God

So I saved it onto this webpage so I could remember it this morning.

God is amazing, just absolutely stunning!

What I also opened the internet to was the web page I get my daily quiet time off (Bible in One Year by Nicky Gumbel, vicar of HTB - Holy Trinity Brompton, UK). The title of today's quiet time is Happy Leap Year! OK, I thought.... technically I'm a day ahead of them since I'm in NZ and They're in the UK, so actually it's the 1st March (pedantic I know!) The other thought I had was, OK, where is he going to go with this?! Well, this was the first bit:

I wanted to write a brief note to encourage all of you taking part in the Bible in One Year challenge to keep going. Rick Warren has written that ‘reading the Bible generates life, it produces change, it heals hurts, it builds character, it transforms circumstances, it imparts joy, it overcomes adversity, it defeats temptation, it infuses hope, it releases power, it cleanses the mind’. I hope and pray that reading the Bible in One Year brings much benefit to your life, just as it has done to mine.

Just what I needed! My thoughts this morning when my alarm woke me up was 'uuggggggggggh, Do I have to get up now?! Just 10 more minutes!' God speaks exactly when you need and what you need, sometimes it's subtle, others times not so much! This was kind of in between, not subtle, but not quite the shouting in the face phase either. Sneaky! =)

It's only been 9 days but I know these regular, thoughtful, non rushed, quiet time mornings are building my relationship with God. To have any kind of relationship with anyone you have to talk to them, listen in return, It's happening, AMEN! These are the verses written for today's quiet time, thank you God =)

‘Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers,
but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and who meditates on his law day and night.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither –
whatever they do prospers’ (Psalm 1:1–3). Keep delighting in God's word

‘You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me’ (John 5:39). Keep focused on Jesus

'Now, Israel, hear the decrees and laws I am about to teach you. Follow them so that you may live and may go in and take possession of the land the Lord, the God of your ancestors, is giving you. Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you’ (Deuteronomy 4:1–2). Keep putting God's Word into practice.

I've gad a few comments from friends who are reading these musings of mine since I'm posting them to FB. Thanks for the encouragements guys =) I'm also delighted that some of you have mentioned they're helping you. I didn't really thing God could use me like that, but AMEN! Keep the Faith guys, it's awesome, and I'm glad through me God is able to give you the encouragement you need sometimes. So today's thoughts are an equal encouragement to you all.

Keep your head up...

Keep the Faith...

You are doing better than you thought

No comments:

Post a Comment