Friday 24 February 2012

Everything for God

Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.
Proverbs 16:3

I still don't know quite how I'm going to get where I finally want to be, but if I continually commit my work to the Lord, then it will happen. The goal of being an orthopaedic surgeon still seems really far off, and I know the steps I have to take, but currently it all seems so slow.

To be an orthopaedics surgeon in Africa, I need at least a few years as a consultant/SMO

To be an SMO I have to have done at least 6 years as a registrar.

To be a registrar I need to have been accepted for a job somewhere in NZ.

To be accepted in a job I have to have applied for a job

To apply for a job I have to have residency

To have residency I have to have filled in the forms, get a UK police certificate, medical certificate, and chest XR - This is my current step.

It all seems so slow and frustrating sometimes.

But God is awesome, amazing, brilliant, and King of absolutely everything. I wasn't entirely sure what God was trying to say to me in my quiet time today, but suddenly just now, I know. It ties in quite nicely with the steps I have to take to be a surgeon that I wrote above.

Quiet time was about the word: Multiplication. 'What cannot be achieved by addition, God does by multiplication. We reap what we sow, only many times more. What we give to the Lord, he multiplies.'

We should give what we have, and watch as Jesus multiplies the resources.

This of course should be applied to all of life, and not just work!

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment