Sunday 1 August 2010

This time next week....!



Well I think I'm now pretty much set for Malawi! I have packed and repacked my bags - still can't get it under 22Kg though (South African Airlines unfortunately only give you 20Kg). I'm hoping they won't charge me extra baggage! I now have to try and pack everything else up in the flat for Tuesday which is moving day. There is currently a lot of stuff and a lot of boxes, but not much of stuff actually in boxes :/

It's kind of an end of an era - me and Vic P have been house-mates since 2nd year of University (7 years!) She is off to her swanky new flat in Birmingham with her 5 corner seat leather sofa, and I'm off to mosquitoes and drop toilets!

I'm now feeling rather nostalgic and have really loved every minute of living in Worcester and working at the hospital, it is so much nicer that Heartlands and the Children's. Everyone is really friendly and fun to work with, I will miss you all. On a similar note, I got everything signed off by my supervisor that I needed to without any fuss - he was actually in a really good mood (a rarity!)

Now for the big news:

I passed my driving test - one minor only :) Another maniac let loose on the road - but no I won't be driving in Malawi - I'm not that crazy!

I think that's all for now, apart from to say eeeeeeeeeeeek 5 days to go... and as The Doctor says: Allons-y!!

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment