Saturday 7 August 2010

Hairy moments already!


So I've made it to the Departure lounge in Terminal 1 of Heathrow :-)

Had too much weight for my checked in baggage so had to pay excess which my Mam very kindly paid - Thanks Mam you're a star xxx

Then the lady asked about my visa - I was told several times by the hospital - no problem get one at Blantyre airport for 3 months (which is the max) then you can renew it monthly after that at £20 per month. The lady at the desk wasn't sure about this - PLEASE PRAY THAT IT'LL BE OK AND I'LL GET THROUGH AT BLANTYRE.

So that all over I then forgot to take my hiking boots off before walking through security and set the alarms off :-S OOOOPS - So they then searched me and made me get in the new fangled body scanner do-dah - which is quite claustrophobic but is only for like 5 seconds. I passed you'll be pleased to know, although thinking about it I probably wouldn't be writing this if I hadn't!!

Anyways, much love to everyone, and thanks for all your prayers so far - they have been very much appreciated :-)

H xxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully as we've not heard differently, this means they did indeed let you into Malawi rather than sending you back. Hope you're settling in well, Vic xxx

    ReplyDelete