Monday 9 April 2012

I have 2 feet...

.... One for the boot of trust, and the other for the boot of obey .... The right and left boots of Christianity.


These are the answers to trials, struggles, temptation, worry, anxiety, fear, and failure.


Psalm 42:6-11
When my soul is in the dumps, I rehearse everything I know of you, from Jordan depths to Hermon heights, including Mount Mizar.  Chaos calls to chaos, to the tune of white-water rapids.  Your breaking surf, your thundering breakers crash and crush me.  Then God promises to love me all day, sing songs all through the night!  My life is God's prayer.

Sometimes I ask God, my rock-solid God, "Why did you let me down?  Why am I walking around in tears, harassed by enemies?"  They're out for the kill, these tormentors with their obscenities, taunting day after day, "Where is this God of yours?"


Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul?  Why are you crying the blues?  Fix my eyes on God — soon I'll be praising again.  He puts a smile on my face.  He's my God.


Why are you downcast, O my soul?  Why disturbed within me?  Put your hope in God


Though we have feelings God has forgotten us, we know in reality He is there.  The rock on which we can stand, when all around is the sinking sand.


Jesus said many. many times: 'Do NOT worry.'


God you want all of me, I can't quite reason as to why.  But I know that is what you want.  I want you to have all of me, but I struggle to give it all, because there is still that little piece of me asking: Why; why me?  It is difficult to accept such a beautiful gift for free.  Again, I'm not sure why.  You beg for me to take it, but I'm like that hesitant child at the back of the crowd, longing for what the other children have, and not quite believing I can actually have it.


Do not worry, Trust Me, have faith little one, I will wait for you.  I love all of you, every single atom, in every single cell.  I know the numbers of hairs on your head, and I know your thoughts.  Come to Me and lean on Me, I will make everything new, and cause you to sing a new song.


I will be praising again.  He puts a smile on my face, He is my God

No comments:

Post a Comment