Saturday 28 May 2016

Pity party?

Failure is a third reason for discouragement.

Nehemiah's troops got to the point of saying 'We cannot rebuild the wall.'
In actual fact what they meant was 'We give up.' 'We're too tired.'

As my Dad used to say - no such thing as can't, only won't!!

In confrontation between a stream and the rock, the stream will always win - through perseverance, not strength.  It will battle against the rocks, and wear them down with constant pressure.

A winner will persevere.  When getting knocked down, he will get back up again.  They've learnt to look beyond the failure.  They don't have a pity party saying 'woe is me, I can't do it.'


Rapture Rukus lyrics to No matter what:
.....No matter what people say (they say)
No matter what comes my way (my way)
If I fall to the floor I'm gonna get down, i get up, i get down, get up,
And if you fall one time, you get back up
And if you fall two times, you get back 
And if you fall three times, you get back up
You get down, get up, I get down, get up.....



Remember God's word - Hebrews 10:35-36
Keep on being brave!  It will bring you great rewards.  Learn to be patient, so that you will please God and be given what He has promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment