Monday 16 July 2012

The King in the Kid

So I've just got back from Winter Playground 2012!  We (Elim Church Blenheim) took around 100 youth group kids from around the area snowboarding up Mount Lyford.  Each evening we had a 'churchy' meeting and we learnt more about knowing God.  Not just knowing He exists but having an encounter with Him.  It was awesome, and it wasn't just the kids who learnt something, God really challenged me as well.

Do we know Jesus is in our boat?  He calmed the storm on the sea.  Do we know He is with us to draw strength from, we can't do it alone.  He will never leave you, nor forsake you.

There is a king in each one of us.  There is greatness upon our lives and a plan and purpose for us.  God is much bigger than any obstacle  and the cause in front of you is bigger than any obstacle.

Isn't there a cause, something worth fighting for?  Never let it hold you back that you are too young/old/small/scared/the obstacle is too big.

God reminded me of His vision for my life that night - to set up an orthopaedic hospital in Africa.  He reminded me not to give up, even though it seems tough to get where I need to be to go to Africa.  Sometimes it seems impossible to get there.  I need to be a consultant surgeon, to even think about it, and I seem so far away from that yet.  But I was reminded to hang in there, TRUST HIM, the cause is much bigger than the obstacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment