Friday 17 December 2010

2 and a half weeks to go!



Hi all!

Merry Christmas :-)

It still seems weird that Christmas is upon us, and here in Malawi we have 25-30 degree heat! I know, I know, I mustn't rub it in ;-)

I remain busy, although this next week there will be no theatre running unless it is an emergency, but clinics will continue till Christmas eve.

I have finally submitted my surgical application form on line, and will await the verdict in January as to whether I have interviews for them or not. I am told I am virtually guaranteed an interview to my top two choices of deanery (area of UK to work in) providing I have filled the forms in satisfactorily. I do however remain undecided on whether to also apply for emergency medicine - as the more jobs I apply for the more chance I have of actually getting one. I wouldn't necessarily want a job in emergency medicine however, and it would only be a stop gap in applying for surgery again the following year, which would look better on further applications than locum (supply) jobs.

I am finding it difficult to hear God and what He wants me to do, and I only have 3 days left to get an application in if that is in fact what I am going to do. Please pray urgently for this dilemma, that I will hear God very clearly over the next day or so and have the courage to do what is right in His eyes. I am certain that God wants me to follow a career in Orthopaedic surgery, and if that is so then surgery is the way forward and the only way. Pray I will have the little faith necessary to fully rely on God.

I am very much looking forward to wrapping up my job and work here to go home, and eagerly await the turn of the new year for the next chapter in my life. I have fully enjoyed being here in Malawi and would love to return one day, either to visit new found friends or to work at CURE hospital. Thank you all for your love and support and most of all you faithful prayers that have kept me going through the enjoyable and tough times. God has been so faithful to me here and shown me so much of His love and grace through the kids in the hospital. He has shown me His heart for the disabled kids of Malawi and has broken mine for them. I am certain He has said to me this is what you are made for, to help the sick and disabled of this world, I pray that this comes in to reality and His will be done.

Merry Christmas to all,
And to all a good night!

H xx

No comments:

Post a Comment