Monday 13 August 2012

Take care of yourself and have a good time

'I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'  Jeremiah 29:11

Waiting and trusting go together.  If you don't trust God, it's hard to wait on Him.  But if you trust Him....you'll wait.

Here's what I've decided is the best way to live: Take care of yourself, have a good time, and make the most of what you have for as long as God gives you life...Yes, we should make the most of what God gives, both the bounty, and the capacity to enjoy it, accepting what's given and delighting in the wok.  It's God's gift!  God deals out joy in the present, the now.  Ecclesiastes 5:18-19

Life is scary sometimes, when you don't know what's round the corner, or something now is happening that isn't great.  I'm moving to Rotorua next week for a new job - to be a registrar.  It's new, really exciting but also scary.  I won't know anyone, the job is not like what I'm doing now - it's a step up so I keep thinking, will I be good enough?  I don't want to leave the comfort of what I've come to know in Blenheim, but also I do - it's new and exciting.

But thinking about it in terms of what God says in the passages above:  Trust me, it's not for harm, it's for good, and for your future, have a good time and make the most of it.  Delight in your work, joy is God given.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord and not for men.  Colossians 3:23

No comments:

Post a Comment