Thursday 28 October 2010

I know I am not but I know I AM!



I guess to start with I'll have to explain this title! It's a play on words which most of you know I generally suck at understanding because I'm a little slow when it comes to knowledge about the english language. I Am is one of the many names God goes by in the Old Testament - remember what He says to Moses when he asks what to say to the Hebrews? 'Tell them I AM sent you.' So, I know I'm not (meaning I'm not able to do everything), but I know I AM (but I know God, and who He is) - cool eh?!

I first learnt this when I went to Soul In The City (London a few years ago was overrun by young Christians for 2 weeks doing social work like running sports/childrens clubs, painting swings, cleanin alleyways and gardens etc). The speaker at our morning meetings explained this phrase and it has slowly been forgotten until this week!

I have been constantly amazed by how much God has blessed me with his presence, comfort, and guidance whilst I have been here. Even yesterday at our weekly bible meeting with everyone in the hospital, God spoke through the visiting pastor like I was the only one there! He spoke about the encourgement God gives us even through the harder times when we feel discouraged, and even mentioned Psalm 91 (see my earlier blog!)

Today was a tad crazy - I got a visa for Mozambique :-) and arranged to go TOMORROW for a week. I have been worrying about having to pay $200 for a temporary residence permit at the end of this month as I'll have been here 3 months on my tourist visa which is the maximum, however in leaving the country then returning next week I can be on a tourist visa again for my remaining 2 months. I wasn't sure yesterday whether I would make it over the border as I had n o plans in place. But I was asked by a friend whether 'I would like to go waterskiing in Mozambique? And by the way we're leaving in 36 hours!' Um OK! SO this morning I got up early went into town after phoning my boss and a fellow junior doctor (who kindly will be doing my Sunday on call) to ask whether I could go and got a visa, everything worked out smoothly and well, Praise God :-)

So tomorrow I go to Mozambique...there are 3 of us travelling in the car tomorrow to get over the border and then stopping the night at friends of the McGraths (the Cowley's), we then meet others and travel to the Mozambique side of Lake Malawi for a weeks worth of camping and watersport - the camp is for kids over 10yrs and I think I'll be helping run the camp with the Cowley's and Phil (who is driving tomorrow). Please pray for safe travelling, energy and strength for those driving and helping run the camp, and that everyine keeps safe and enjoys their time.

That's all for now folks.
p.s. As I'm travelling this week I don't think I'll have any access to phones/email, I'll let you know I'm back on Tuesday! :-)

H xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment